[mythtv-users] New System - Looking for Feedback

Matt W mwood23 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 04:31:21 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 7:45 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> Assuming that the link survives email here's three 200W supplies from NewEgg
>
> Now, I have no idea whether they have the right connectors to drive my
> specific MB but they are out there.

I've been burned (ok not literally) by cheapie power supplies and even
not-so-cheap ones.  Yes, I'm looking at you, Antec NEO 480.  But
assuming you can get something like a 80+ or 85+ power supply and
assuming a higher wattage rating means the components could last
longer at a lesser load (yes, except you, Antec NEO)... isn't that a
good move?  versus say, a lower quality 200W PS?