[mythtv-users] need help with scte65scan, PSIP, and HD channels

Matt W mwood23 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 17:30:09 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 7:54 AM, Matt W <mwood23 at gmail.com> wrote:

> yep. definitely v. 0.2.1 here.  I did do the -p flag for the sql
> generation phase.  But one thing I did to try to speed up the process
> was use a handmade itfile with only the frequency 'hits' that I had
> obtained.  I'll run it again this time using the who US-cable itfile
> but I'm not sure it will make a difference.  will report here.

ok so I have made progress, I had to make sure to use the entire
US-cable itfile and not a hand made one with selected frequencies.
And instead of update, I had to flag for install (-f3) and that has
regenerated a good channel list.

now my issue is the mythfilldatabase isn't able to match these
channels to known program data.  So I have KGO (standard) with all the
program listings and KGO-HD containing Uknown/NO DATA.  So I could use
the SQL hint on the wiki page
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Comcast_Users_And_scte65scan and possibly
streamline the entries better.  Or hand-edit them I suppose.

Another issue I have is that in particular, the stream from KGO-HD is
slow and stuttering and the digital audio won't properly parse or
sync.  I don't have this problem at all on KQED-HD.  And this is weird
since KQED-HD apparently runs at 1080i while KGO-HD runs at 720p.

BUT...that's stuff for another thread I suppose. :)  thanks for the support!