[mythtv-users] ComCast Digital

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Tue Feb 2 22:28:48 UTC 2010

On 2/2/2010 6:18 AM, Ben Eisemann wrote:
> I have a backend with a PVR-250, PVR-350 and (recently added) a PCHDTV
> HD-5500 plugged in to my SD "Basic Plus" Comcast Cable.
>
> Where I live (Lancaster, PA) in order to get the basic broadcast
> QAM-HD signals lined up with what I scanned I had to add the Over the
> air broadcast channels as a seperate line-up in schedules direct.  And
> then go back into the channel editor and delete all the music channels
> (I wasn't gonna use them anyways).  That worked.  I couldn't get the
> QAM-HD signals to match up with my regular line up in schedules
> direct, since I really didn't have HD cable, I was just grabbing the
> digital broadcast channels that they give for free without telling
> anyone.

I did that with SchedulesDirect. I have 3 line-ups coming into the system.
OTA, ComCast analog and digital.

I put the CATV HD channels on their correct numbers (in the 900's) so I can identify them more than anything.

I guess the question I have for you is: do you have OTA channel X on top of ComCast channel X?

Have you had any schedule recording issues? (sounds like 'no')

> I do use the NTSC side of the HD-5500 but only as my fourth priority
> tuner, as compared to the 250 and the 350 the quality is marginal and
> tasks the CPU.

I shouldn't so I won't configure my setup to allow me to watch that much TV. :D

I think the fact that I have 2 HD cards that can theoretically records up to 4 channels while a 5th can also be recording analog is indeed a lot of TV.

Some of the power of Myth is to me just a blast and then some. Kudos to the authors.

  -Ben