[mythtv-users] ComCast Digital

Ben Eisemann ben at locojeeper.com
Tue Feb 2 12:18:56 UTC 2010

I have a backend with a PVR-250, PVR-350 and (recently added) a PCHDTV
HD-5500 plugged in to my SD "Basic Plus" Comcast Cable.

Where I live (Lancaster, PA) in order to get the basic broadcast
QAM-HD signals lined up with what I scanned I had to add the Over the
air broadcast channels as a seperate line-up in schedules direct.  And
then go back into the channel editor and delete all the music channels
(I wasn't gonna use them anyways).  That worked.  I couldn't get the
QAM-HD signals to match up with my regular line up in schedules
direct, since I really didn't have HD cable, I was just grabbing the
digital broadcast channels that they give for free without telling
anyone.

I do use the NTSC side of the HD-5500 but only as my fourth priority
tuner, as compared to the 250 and the 350 the quality is marginal and
tasks the CPU.

Hope this helps.

God Bless,

Ben T. Eisemann
beisemann at gmail.com

Faith means trusting in advance what will only make sense in reverse.
- Philip Yancey