[mythtv-users] Launching XBMC from Mythtv (mythbuntu 9.10/ 0.22) [problems with shutdown option freezing]

Alessandro alessandro.campobassi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 11:19:27 UTC 2010

Hi folks,
I'm having some sporadic issues with XBMC not quitting (locking up)
when 'Quitting' from the UI.

I am running Mythbuntu 9.10 with 0.22 of MythTV.
I have modified my mainmenu.xml to launch XBMC.

Launching and running XBMC works just fine - however, every now and
then when I choose the Shutdown option in XBMC and then choose the
Shutdown icon (which is set to 'Quit' in the XBMC system settings)
often it just freezes the screen and I can't return to MythtTV
mainmenu (actually whole UI is frozen  - and need to kill the xbmc
process)
I tried the other options (Suspend etc) - but they always freeze the UI.

Has anyone else had these issues and found a way to fix it? It doesn't
happen all the time, but more like 1 in 3 times.
Is there a better way to launch xbmc from the menu in MythTV ?
I am using this code in the XML file:
    <button>
        <type>MENU_XBMC</type>
        <text>Go to XBMC</text>
        <action>EXEC /usr/bin/xbmc</action>
    </button>

Thanks - really appreciate any advice.
It's weird how it does not always lock up.

Alessandro