[mythtv-users] Do I need mythfilldatabase?

dargllun dargllun at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 14 16:09:30 UTC 2010

Hello,

apologies if this is a stupid question, but when exactly does one need
to run mythfilldatabase?

I have a combined fe/be, which I power on on demand, and which powers on
itself for recordings. I have two DVB-T video sources. The first source
is configured (mythtv-setup) to permanently receive EIT data. I don't
use any xmltv grabbers.

Until now I tought it might be a good idea to call mythfilldatabase
before power down (s2disk really) in order to update the EIT info and
recording information. But I'm not sure if mythfilldatabase is actually
doing anything valuable on my configuration.

I couldn't find conclusive documentation on this on mythtv.org either,
but may have overlooked something.

Thanks
greg