[mythtv-users] [mythtv] ANNOUNCEMENT: MythTV is moving to Github

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 22:58:01 UTC 2010

On 1 December 2010 22:24, Matthew Wire <devel at mrwire.co.uk> wrote:

> It would be quite helpful if you could sync for a few days before freezing
> the svn repository.  Having never used git I've now got less than 24 hours
> to work out how it works and install the tools :(

(replying to -users)

Here's a few links (thanks to George Galt for just posting the last
link to -dev) that might be of interest for MythTV users unfamiliar
with Git who want to build from source:

i) The Git Community Book (http://book.git-scm.com)
ii) Pro Git (http://progit.org/book/)
iii) SVN to Git Crash Course
(https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GitSvnCrashCourse)

Kudos to the developers for taking this decision.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott