No subject

Thu Aug 5 16:39:05 UTC 2010

"Now look what we have here, the long awaited HDHomeRun Prime triple
CableCARD tuner for Windows 7 Media Center. Originally announced at
CES last year, the little black perforated box is already in
production and will soon be selling for $250 after it makes it ways
through the final stages of CableLabs certification. The sad fact is
there is no way to know when that cert will be sealed, but when it is
you'll be able to pre-order and then you can expect to receive it 30
days later. The other little tidbits we picked up from the booth is
that SiliconDust is working on a six tuner rack mountable version that
should ship later this year and that the ATSC and QAM version we've
loved for years has a new case a new price of $129 and will be
shipping in February."

tl;dr Prime for $250; in production but no pre-orders yet. Rackmount
version could be available later this year with six tuners. ATSC/QAM
models get refreshed in February for $129.

--Justin Johnson