[mythtv-users] Zoom Method

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 18:16:53 UTC 2010

So When playing 16:9 content (ie most of my content is 720x480, either from
tv or encoded from dvd's to mkv) I like to have half zoom.   This way it
fills up most of the TV, while keeping most of the edge stuff visible.  I
only noticed that this feature was even available on, when watching
Transformers I have enocoded.  The words for the place in the desert the
chopter in the begining scene was cut off.  I went into the menu while
watching and noticed zoom was set to auto/full.  If I put it at half I can
read all the words, off just isn't as nice, cause too much black on
top/bottom.

My question is, I tried turning on Auto(half) but that still set's it to
full on any content with black bars.  Also, if the content is old programing
on tv (ie like my wife's charmed) it's already filling up the screne, and
half you can miss a thing here or there once in awhile.

So I guess my question is, is there a way to make when it see's black lines
go half, and when not turn off?

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell