[mythtv-users] VLC Tests

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Thu Aug 26 14:13:03 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:06 AM, mike at grounded.net <mike at grounded.net> wrote:
> Using a terminal window from X, I'm trying to see where I have video working. More specifically, I'm trying to find out if my s-video input is working on the installed  Hauppauge HVR-1600 card and what device it is being seen as.

Bear in mind that each input on the device does not have its own
device node.  You will typically always connect to /dev/video0
(regardless of whether you want to capture on the analog tuner, the
composite, or the s-video input), and then toggle the input routing
using either something like "v4l2-ctl -i" or whatever on-screen
controls your application provides to toggle the input routing.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com