[mythtv-users] Webmin is borked

Mark Adams madams9 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 08:23:19 UTC 2010

Okay, I was trying to get mythweb setup on my primary server (all of the
machines in question here are Mandriva 2010.0, installed from rpm) so
that I could access it from work. It was working just fine from my htpc.
I installed and setup MythTV on my server and attempted to get the new
installation to connect to the database on the httpd.  I couldn't get it
to work, but I did manage to get Mythweb on the htpc to stop responding.
I'm getting  error 403:

Access forbidden!
You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either
read-protected or not readable by the server.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
<mailto:root at shuttle>.

pvr <http://pvr/>
Apache/2.2.14 (Mandriva Linux/PREFORK-1.5mdv2010.0)

I've tried setting permissions on everything in the /var/www/mythweb
directory to 777.   I had password authentication setup in apache.

#<Directory "/var/www/mythweb">
#    AllowOverride None
#    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
#    AuthType Basic
#    AuthName "MythTV"
#    AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/conf/httpd-passwords
#    require valid-user
#    Order allow,deny
#    Allow from all
#</Directory>

As you can see by the hash marks, that was the first thing to go.

The /etc/httpd/conf/webapps.d/mythweb.conf file looks like this:

Alias /mythweb /var/www/mythweb

<Directory /var/www/mythweb>
     Order allow,deny
     Deny from all
     Allow from all
</Directory>

There is no .htaccess file in /var/www/mythweb, though I did try
creating one at one point.  It didn't fix the problem.

I've been restarting httpd after every change and clearing browser cache
fairly regularly.  I've rebooted the machine a couple of times.
Everything else on the web server works just fine. For example, I can
access phpmyadmin and dokuwiki just fine.  At one point, I even
uninstalled mythweb and the myth backend and then reinstalled them.
Nothing is helping.  What is it I don't know about this stuff?  What am
I missing?

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this?

I would deeply appreciate it.

Mark