[mythtv-users] Changing IP address scheme.

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Tue Aug 24 07:02:15 UTC 2010

On 10-08-23 11:31 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
> Is there anything special i need to do to myth, wither backend or
> frontend, to accommodate this mad desire to change my lan around?

As far as I know, on your backend(s), you have to make sure you update
the IP address in the mythbackend-setup, but other than that everything
else *should* be hunky-dory...

(Note: I have not gone through such an IP change myself, but I can't
think of anything else in MythTV that might be affected)

Out of curiousity: why the IP change?  Are you just wanting to get away
from the all-too-common 192.168.1.xx range (used my all LinkSys devices,
as well as several others, with 192.168.0.xx being a close second, in my
experience)

-Alan