[mythtv-users] Channels appear in TV Guide but not live TV?

Liam Friel liam.friel at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 01:17:48 UTC 2010

Hi:
apologies for the potential noobyness of this question.

I have had a DVB-S backend running for some time, no issues.

Recently I decided to add DVB-T to it, FTA transmissions having started in
Ireland and being reliable enough in my area to use.

I have a 2 tuner card backend, TT-3200 and HVR 4000 cards. The HVR 4000 is a
DVB-S2/S/T card.

After some trouble due to a bug with the V4L drivers in the Ubuntu 9.10
distros I have got DVB-T to work in Myth with the HVR 4000... but not 100%.

* the backend recognises and will open the card
* the backend correctly scanned for services on the DTT card and found them
* the services are listed in the guide
* 7-day EPG data is correct for the DTT services

I turned on active EIT scan for the DTT frontend on the HVR 4000 card: not
sure if this is the right thing to do (long term) as doesn't this mean that
the card will essentially be used for DTT only now? If I just check "open on
demand" and do not check EIT scan, will it ever fetch the 7-day listings?

Anyway, that's not my problem.

Having turned on active EIT scan, the backend duly builds the 7 day guide
for the DTT services, and the 7-day guide for the DVB-S service is there as
normal.

So now I have a complete guide with DVB-S and DVB_T services listed.

But the problem is that on the frontend the DVB-T services simply do not
exist as options for zapping, as I zap up/down through the services. The
channel number I have assigned to the DTT services are just skipped over as
if they were not configured. So in my case channels 1-4 do not exist, first
channel for zapping is 5, although 1 through 4 are present and correct in
the EPG grid ...

I have tried both my standard XBMC frontend, and the regular Myth frontend.
Both behave the same.

The DTT channels are just not present on the frontend, despite being in the
guide.

What am I missing?

Thanks
Liam