[mythtv-users] Two questions regarding mythvideo

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 17:58:21 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 10:45 AM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

>    It would be nice if you guys spent less time fixating on "piracy"
> and MythVideo was half as good as XBMC at dealing with one's own
> legally acquired content.
>
>    Any sufficiently flexible solution will likely "aid illegal downloading
> of media".

If you prefer it, please go use it.  We do nothing to prevent use of illicit
content, but we're not going to expend effort making the experience easier
specifically for stolen material.  The reason any other media organization
handles it well is specifically because they write code to cut out these
tags.  I don't steal content, I don't want to condone its use, why should I
spend what little dev time I have making it easier to use it?

Like it or not, this *is* the project ethos.  You don't have to like it, you
don't have to agree, but you do have to live with it.

Robert