[mythtv-users] Lost my backend, need new one!

Ole Nissen mail at olenissen.com
Sun Aug 8 06:45:04 UTC 2010

Hi All.

My backend let out its smoke, and dont do anything no more. I will need a
new server for my backend, and it shouldn't draw to much current, but still
be able to commercial flagging.

I also have an old VIA epia acting as a NAS and router, this I also want to
have included in my new server.

To sum up, the server should do:

Routing of my lan
Usenet
Squeezebox server
mysql
mythtv backend
Serve webpages
NAS

I dont think those a very hard tasks, so will the following setup be
sufficient, or be the best choice for me, with power consumtion in mind:

Pentium E5300 2 MB (Intel Boxed)
ASUS P5KPL-AM EPU motherboard
Kingston ValueRAM hukommelse 2Gb DDR2 Sd

Regards
Ole