[mythtv-users] Plans for front & back end Myth boxes

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Aug 6 18:57:59 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Jessica Perry Hekman
<jphekman at arborius.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 02:06:44PM -0400, Eric Sharkey wrote:
>
>> The Revo has HDMI and VGA output only, no composite/S-video.  This may
>> not be the best choice if you want to hook it up to an older CRT TV.
>
> Ah, I had overlooked that. There are HDMI-to-svideo converters available
> for around $20, right?

If there are, I've never seen one.

There are some s-video to HDMI solutions out there (usually for
noticably more than $20), but I've never seen a converter for going
the other way.

VGA to S-video converters are more common, but still, you'd be better
off selecting a front end system that has s-video out natively if
that's what you want.

Note also that HDMI doesn't imply HD.  It supports HD, but you can
watch SD content over an HDMI cable.

Eric