[mythtv-users] Permission problem on /dev/video 0-3

mythtv.t.wuuza at xoxy.net mythtv.t.wuuza at xoxy.net
Mon Aug 2 13:42:16 UTC 2010

> You stick the command for the script in your rc.local?

I have mine called in /etc/pm/sleep.d/00-fixMyth, which is called when the
system comes out of suspend.  I don't seem to have the problem on boot.

> Just was at my dad's. A sleep 25 before restart fixed the problem,
probably
> could reduce it a bit to 20, but 10 was too soon, i jumped to 25, once
> frontend loaded 1 second later it said couldn't find backend, then that
> message went away, and the tuners were available.

Glad you got it working.  My frontend gets started before the network is
fully up, too, and I always have to clear that message.

> Supposedly upstart should be able to create a situation where it says
> "start the backend after the following modules have loaded" - but the
> mythbuntu engineers do not seem to be able to get it to work like
> that. (of course everyone has different "modules" that need to load
> first)

The backend upstart job does have some dependencies but an update must
have changed something because your dad's and mine both worked before last
week.

John