[mythtv-users] IR Microcontroller -> LIRC Stack

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Aug 1 17:37:15 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Calvin Harrigan
<charriglists at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Salutations,
>    I've finally gotten around to building and programming a microcontroller
> to take care of all things IR related to mythtv, as an added bonus it has
> facilities to turn on and of a PC based on a settable alarm. Some other
> niceties are the ability to sense whether the PC and/or blasted device
> actually turned on via I/O pins.  It has a fully functional IR decoder
> capable of decoding RC5/RC6/Sony/NEC/DishNetwork, and raw codes.  It can
> also 'blast' any of the protocols listed above.  The biggest problem I've
> stumbled across so far is getting the decoded IR signals into the LIRC
> stack.  I looked at using LIRCs udp driver but realized that mode2 is not
> exactly what I was looking for.  Mode 2 uses a sequence of pulse/space time
> packets to represent a signal.  Unfortunately the microcontroller provides
> decoded values, though I can change the controller to output that format
> it's not my ideal solution.  I know this is a tech heavy question, but is
> there a way to get decoded IR codes into the LIRC stack without having to
> resort to a full blown driver?  Did I misunderstand the way LIRCs udp driver
> works, i.e, can it use more than mode 2?  I've been googling and reading for
> hours and just haven't been able to lock down a good solution.  Any help,
> advice, direction, input, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

This is a question better asked over on the lirc mailing list. I don't
have an answer for you offhand, but Christoph might. You may need to
provide a bit more detail on the hardware and how its connected to
whatever its connected to also.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com