[mythtv-users] Comcast bricked my HDHR above 33 - Los Gatos -95032

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Fri Apr 23 14:40:16 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 1:20 AM, Slava Imeshev <imeshev at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I see. This sh*t happened to us (94303) a while ago. I am getting
> myself
> together to move to a version Linux/Myth that support Firewire+STB.

That might not help you.  The cable companies like to lock down that as
well, they are really only required to give you Firewire for the OTA
channels you can already get with your HDHR using clear QAM. If you want to
keep cable, and get all the channels, your only real option for HD capture
is the HD-PVR. Firewire might let you change channels without the IR blaster
though. Combine one of those with OTA/QAM locals via HDHR, and you might get
by pretty well though.