[mythtv-users] Desperate for help - scte65scan/qam/mythtv

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 22:02:07 UTC 2010


On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 14:57, Billy Masters <billy at slicky.net> wrote:
> OK, I've been searching until I'm in tears, so now I'm begging for
> somebody's help!
> Comcast made the analog to digital switch in my area last week.  I
> downloaded scte65scan and ran it successfully.  I got a (pretty long) list
> of channels and imported them into Myth.  Everything looks to be setup
> perfectly with my card (Hauppauge 2250), Schedules Direct, and MythTV...
> except most of the channels don't tune in!
> I get a "partial lock" and a black screen on many (but not all) channels
> above ~35.  The exceptions include 40.1, 58.1, 58.2 (which are really free
> OTA equivalents to Fox and something else), a bunch of spanish channels also
> tune in, as well as some strange ones like the Hallmark Movie Channel on 500
> (which I didn't know that I ever had before).
> So... what the heck am I missing here?
> Any help is very much appreciated!
> Billy

Do you have just one tuner?
Did you have _any_ errors when you imported the vct.sql file?
(re: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Comcast_Users_And_scte65scan)

You could see if you really have mplexid and serviceid in your
"channels" table in the mysql database. I just fixed that (see my
current messages)


-- 
Brad Fuller
+1 (408) 335-0112


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list