[mythtv-users] Desperate for help - scte65scan/qam/mythtv

Billy Masters billy at slicky.net
Tue Apr 13 21:57:42 UTC 2010

OK, I've been searching until I'm in tears, so now I'm begging for
somebody's help!

Comcast made the analog to digital switch in my area last week.  I
downloaded scte65scan and ran it successfully.  I got a (pretty long) list
of channels and imported them into Myth.  Everything looks to be setup
perfectly with my card (Hauppauge 2250), Schedules Direct, and MythTV...
except most of the channels don't tune in!

I get a "partial lock" and a black screen on many (but not all) channels
above ~35.  The exceptions include 40.1, 58.1, 58.2 (which are really free
OTA equivalents to Fox and something else), a bunch of spanish channels also
tune in, as well as some strange ones like the Hallmark Movie Channel on 500
(which I didn't know that I ever had before).

So... what the heck am I missing here?

Any help is very much appreciated!

Billy