[mythtv-users] Saving the autogenerated Xorg.conf

Brian Meehan emt244671 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 21:22:58 UTC 2010

I have an older Sony plasma TV (KE42TS2U) that is connected to my Acer Revo
frontend. It's currently using an HDMI to DVI cable. This auto-detects the
TV, gathers EID information as best as I can tell, but doesn't seem to put
me at the optimal resolution for the TV. From the manual, its 1080i is
1024x1024, though the resolutions that MythBuntu and MythDora lob at it
perform best when I select one of the canned resolutions - which the TV
thinks is 720p.

So here's my question. I'm about to put this into a more permanent placement
(we just moved) with  HDMI to HDMI (Revo to Onkyo Receiver) and then HDMI to
DVI (Receiver to TV). In the past, this has not done the best getting EID
information. Can I connect it direct and then have it save to a hard-coded
Xorg.conf file, which it will then use when I conenct the cables through the
receiver? Can anyone recommend a good resolution to drive this display? I've
started recording high def content with the HDHR and it's great, but I want
the Revo to not have to work so hard rendering at some oddball resolution.

Thanks for your help!

-Brian