[mythtv-users] Does language en_gb exist (even though I can select it)

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Tue Apr 13 02:24:25 UTC 2010

2010/4/12 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> Wow.  Lots of people volunteering.  Thanks.

:) I believe that you would get the same kind of response with most languages.

A lot of people have used MythTV for years and appreciates the hard
work done by the developers. They will gladly help out if they can.
Often people don't know (or haven't considered) that they can help out
improving MythTV, even if they are not developers.

Perhaps we should have something like a "call-for-translators"
announcement in time for 0.24? I'm pretty confident that many people
would volunteer to help out improving their preferred language in
MythTV.  We just need to create awareness about where the issues are.
Looking at 0.23-fixes, only 5 out of 25 languages are more or less
up-to-date with the mythfrontend translation. And unfortunately, the
picture is even worse when looking at the plugins.

> It seems that those most successful at producing translations consistently and on time are working in teams.

I'm going to rewrite the wiki translation page in near future (when
time permits) and I'll add a table with contact information to current
translation teams / translators. This should create at least some
visibility around the current translation status and it will also
allow people to add themselves to a unmaintained language, in case
they are interested in getting in contact with other potential
translators for the same language.

Best Regards
Kenni
(The Danish translation team)