[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.22 Upgrade mythwelcome problem

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 17:19:44 UTC 2010

> I have recently upgraded my MythTV FE/BE from 0.21 to 0.22. After the
> upgrade everything is working properly except for one thing. My FE/BE is no
> longer automatically waking up to record a program. Strangely, it still
> wakes up automatically for the daily startup time setting in mythwelcome.
> However it fails to start for any scheduled recording
> This was all working perfectly prior to the 0.22 upgrade

Also worth checking out http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ACPI_Wakeup

I updated to a new Mythbuntu and I have the problem where the system
is not waking up - but it does not wake up even using the debug
commands.

Unfortunately it looks like the new Mythbuntu v10.04/Ubuntu may still
not have a high enough kernel to fix the problem being experienced
with these motherboards.

Quoted From URL above:
"Note that kernel version 2.6.26, included in the current Debian
stable distribution, contains a bug that makes ACPI wakeup fail on at
least some motherboards. If this affects you, either upgrade to
2.6.33-rc4 or patch 2.6.26 with this patch"