[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.22 Upgrade mythwelcome problem

Jason But jbut at swin.edu.au
Fri Apr 9 05:24:01 UTC 2010

On 04/09/10 11:18, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/08/2010 07:37 PM, Jason But wrote:
>> I have recently upgraded my MythTV FE/BE from 0.21 to 0.22. After the
>> upgrade everything is working properly except for one thing. My FE/BE
>> is no
>> longer automatically waking up to record a program. Strangely, it still
>> wakes up automatically for the daily startup time setting in mythwelcome.
>> However it fails to start for any scheduled recording
>>
>> This was all working perfectly prior to the 0.22 upgrade
>>
>> Does anybody have any idea why this is not working?
>>

> Most of the people who found problems after upgrading from 0.21-fixes
> figured out it was a discrepancy between UTC and local time.  In theory,
> nothing changed in MythTV in that time, and the current
> 0.22-fixes/0.23-fixes behavior is as desired.  However, the kernel or
> system may have changed in such a way that you need to modify your
> scripts or something.
>
> Also, see http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6066 .
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike

You are correct, my system clock is UTC

I'll have a look over the weekend when I have some time. I don't think there
were any system/time based upgrades during my myth upgrade (I run gentoo and
there weren't an enormous amount of upgrades apart from myth and the
database latin/utf issue).

What I find interesting is that my system still wakes up correctly as per my
2:00am -> 2:30am schedule to download the EPG but fails to wake for the
recorded times.

Like I said, I'll investigate further and see if I can't nail down whether
it is a UTC/localtime issue

Jason