[mythtv-users] Watching recordings on trip?

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Tue Apr 6 12:05:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 8:23 AM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> I occasionally travel for business and, while I can copy MythTV
> recordings to my laptop, I need the laptop to run Windoze.
>
> Windows Media Player doesn't seem to be able to play the copied
> recordings, and the Intervideo player I have installed is nowhere near
> as nice as the MythTV internal player.

Windows Media Player can be convinced to play most formats, including
mythtv recordings, using FFDShow. Best way to get that is in the
Combined Community Codec Pack (
http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page ) - don't
worry, this isn't like some of the codec packs of old (K-lite, for
instance), this one is actually assembled with care and tested to
work.

- Chris