[mythtv-users] Can anyone tell me why Ticket 6382 has been closed?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Mon Sep 28 16:25:34 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 06:31:37PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Please read (all 5 pages of) the thread at
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/195124#195124 .

I lived it once.  I don't want to do it again! :)

> David Engel actually went a /long/ way down that path and in the
> end--after more than a year of work from him and a couple users--he
> determined that it wouldn't work and what we have now is better for
> the vast majority of users.

Bruce Markey eventually added a scheduling option which makes a very
simple minded attempt to allow pre- and post-roll to be applied in
more cases.  Enable the "TV Settings / Recording Priorities / Set
Recording Priorities / Avoid back to back recordings from different
channels" setting to get that behavior.

To anyone who wants more than Bruce's hack provides, you'll either
have to develop your own patch or convince one of the other developers
to take up your cause.  I have no desire to reopen that can of worms.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net