[mythtv-users] mounting windows 7 drives in myth

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 05:15:05 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 10:02 PM, Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have set it so there is no password for the user on the windows
>> computer.  What am I doing wrong, or is there a better way to mount
>> using windows 7?
>
> Windows 7 introduced a new way of sharing files locally with
> homegroups and homegroup passwords. I am not totally sure about the
> details. But I had to go into network sharing center and click on
> advanced sharing settings. Under Homegroup connections change it to
> "Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers".

I changed that setting and it had me log out and back in, but still
did not work.  I chose a test folder (named test), went to properties
and turned on sharing for several users.  I am pretty sure linux is
recognizing that there is a share name because I get this error when I
put in a non-existent share in /etc/fstab:
[root at localhost ~]# mount /win1
mount error(111): Connection refused
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

What am I doing wrong on the windows end or what do I need to do?