[mythtv-users] mounting windows 7 drives in myth

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 04:45:58 UTC 2009

All,

This is a bit off-topic, but I was hoping someone here might now how
to do this.  I upgraded my windows box to windows 7 (from XP).  I had
mounted a drive from my windows box that was a storage group and
another that contained my music and videos.  I turned on sharing for
these drives and had a line in /etc/fstab like so:
//192.168.1.100/D       /win1                   cifs
users,rw,username='MYNAME',password='',dirmode=0777,filemode=0777 0 0

with my user name in for MYNAME, and the password blank.

I am having a hard time getting a share going with my new set-up (I
also upgraded the harddrive and moved the data to the new drive, just
want to now mount a single folder from that drive; for now, that
folder is named "test").

I do something like this:
//192.168.1.104/test   /share                   cifs
users,rw,username='MYNAME',password='',dirmode=0777,filemode=0777 0 0

and when i try to mount /share, I get the following error:
[root at localhost /]# mount /share
mount error(13): Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

I have set it so there is no password for the user on the windows
computer.  What am I doing wrong, or is there a better way to mount
using windows 7?

Thanks