[mythtv-users] myblaster and multiple dish STB's

Jeff junk_inbox at verizon.net
Thu Sep 24 13:50:42 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 11:23 PM, William <william_munson at comcast.net>wrote:

> Ajay Sharma wrote:
>>
>> Will something like this work?
>>
>> http://iguanaworks.net/product1.psp
>>

> No that will not work. It only produces signals at 38kHz which is not
> compatible with dishnet which uses 44kHz. Dish is a difficult beast to
> control which is why the MyBlaster was so popular. (I wrote the control

Actually, that *will* work...  Only the IR *receiver* is limited to 38kHz
remotes.  It can blast on any carrier frequency from 25kHz to 100kHz:
* User adjustable transmission carrier frequency from 25kHz to 100kHz

So Ajay, that looks like it should work fine, and the price is decent too
IMHO.

J-e-f-f-A