[mythtv-users] Watch abc streaming via [some/which?] vm

Guyren G Howe gisborne at emailuser.net
Tue Sep 22 08:39:16 UTC 2009

I would like to watch video online as much as reasonable (don't have
cable, or a decent antenna, or decent reception... :-) ).

ABC requires a custom plugin for Mac or Windows, but then you can
actually get most of their shows.

So I thought I would make it work by installing a spare copy of XP I
have into virtualbox.

But no, after hours of setting up windows and installing all the
updates and crap, I find that my system doesn't meet the video
requirements of the plugin, even with 3D acceleration turned on.

Does anyone know if a different vm would work, or have any other
solution?