[mythtv-users] Seattle Times: Comcast to encrypt basic cable QAM channels

Jonathan Larson jtlarson at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 15 18:00:10 UTC 2009

> Plus the fact that you will need *another* remote control (which also has to
> be made and re-cycled and supplied with batteries).

Another point of frustration: While setting up one of the Pace units (DC50X) for my step-father, I found out that the remote included with these units uses a new type of encoding scheme that many pre-programmed universal remotes cannot duplicate.

Here's some advice for Myth users who need to control one of these boxes...

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-remote/thread.cgi?9104