[mythtv-users] Suggestions for file/directory structure for music for use with MythMusic etc?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 10:38:35 UTC 2009

> platform.  It works really well, except, it doesn't have the "Album Artist"
> tag.  This is useful on those "Various" artist albums I mentioned in my
> message.  This tag allows a music player (Songbird for instance) to group

Is anyone able to explain what the "Album Artist" field should be used for?
Should it be set to the same as the Artist field?
I do not understand why applications just do not use the Artist field
if that is the case?
An example would help?

Also what is the best method of handling multiple disk albums?  You
have a folder with "Album Name Disk 1" and "Album Name Disk 2" but
should the Album tag be just "Album Name" so all tracks are combined
together and set the Discnumber field to the appropriate number?

Finally on Various Artist disks there are always track I do not
particular like.  Is there any method of tagging these so a player
ignores thems? e.g. add IGNORE or something in the comments field?  It
seems a pity having to delete them?

TIA