[mythtv-users] Suggestions for file/directory structure for music for use with MythMusic etc?

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 10:52:45 UTC 2009

In my experience artist-album field is an auto generated field to group
albums sensibly in the album view.

Multi artist albums are auto set to 'various-artists'-albumname across all
tracks so that a multi-artist album is not broken up between all the
contributing artists- it is kept as one album for playback.

Jr media center deals with this particularly well.

Rich

Please excuse brevity and mistakes, this email was composed on a mobile
phone.

Thanks and regards,
Richard Morton

On Sep 15, 2009 11:39 AM, "nospam312" <nospam312 at gmail.com> wrote:

> platform.  It works really well, except, it doesn't have the "Album
Artist" > tag.  This is useful...
Is anyone able to explain what the "Album Artist" field should be used for?
Should it be set to the same as the Artist field?
I do not understand why applications just do not use the Artist field
if that is the case?
An example would help?

Also what is the best method of handling multiple disk albums?  You
have a folder with "Album Name Disk 1" and "Album Name Disk 2" but
should the Album tag be just "Album Name" so all tracks are combined
together and set the Discnumber field to the appropriate number?

Finally on Various Artist disks there are always track I do not
particular like.  Is there any method of tagging these so a player
ignores thems? e.g. add IGNORE or something in the comments field?  It
seems a pity having to delete them?

list mythtv-users at mythtv.o...