[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct and Toronto, ON.

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 15:26:46 UTC 2009

Brian Phillips wrote:
> Also, SD recently had an issue where for some reason unexplained to users,
> we had to re-add all our lineups through the schedulesdirect website.  They
> even have a button for it.  If you notice your lineup on SD is missing
> channels, try that.

There's a bug somewhere, most likely on the Tribune side, where changes to
the lineup weren't always reflected in the lineup that users could see.  My
boilerplate text to users once a lineup change was made used to say
something like "you may have to delete and then re-add the lineup for the
changes to take effect."  It was rightly pointed out that if you have 800
channels in your lineup, writing down which ones you don't want, deleting,
re-adding and then re-configuring is a lot of work.  That's why the Re-add
hyperlink was added, but it's not fixing the root cause, which is still
under investigation.

> I've submitted a few schedulesdirect tickets through their website reporting
> lineup problems, and they've been resolved in 2-3 days.  With some, I've
> received notification that my issue had been resolved, with others no
> notification, just fixed lineups.

You should always get some sort of notification, because otherwise the
ticket is still open in Schedules Direct, and tickets are regularly audited
for status.

Please contact me off-list if you're having issues.