[mythtv-users] OT: Fuppes and playlists

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 11 02:09:57 UTC 2009

Kind of off topic but I think some on this list may have experience with fuppes.

I'm looking for a DLNA server to sit on my Mythbackend server.

I'll be serving up to a Denon Reciever (with an IPOD dock connecting to my LAN), and to a Samsung TV.

At present the Myth uPNP server works with the Denon, but although the Samsung sees the files it says all are incompatible (or wrong format) even MP3s.

With the Denon I really want to impliment playlists which I believe may have to be in the Windows Media Player format.

So after much searching I think fuppes may do the job, but what I am unsure about is, does fuppes serve up playlists and if it does what formats are used (Denon seems to use WPL - Windows media player format)?

Also if fuppes does serve up playlists - how do I go about creating the playlists - I don't think fuppes has a gui for this.

Also happy to receive recommendations for other servers that may meet my requirements.