[mythtv-users] Configuring MythTV on Fedora 11

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 11:44:45 UTC 2009

> I am trying to run mythfilldatabase --manual but am having problems
> populating the channel list in mollcons.xmltv. Currently the first few lines
> look like this:-
>
> encoding=utf-8
> cachedir=/home/chris_jones/.xmltv/cache
> title-processing=enabled
> postcode=CH1
> platform=freeview
> channel=4music.channel4.com
> channel=bbcfour.bbc.co.uk
> channel=news.bbc.co.uk
> channel=north-west.bbc1.bbc.co.uk
>
> Is this the correct format? Or should there be more information?

here's mine (I use EIT for the other channels)

[mythtv at lyre bin]$ cat tv_grab_uk_rt.conf

encoding=utf-8
cachedir=/mythtv/.xmltv/cache
title-processing=enabled
channel=london.bbc1.bbc.co.uk
channel=london.bbc2.bbc.co.uk
channel=bbcthree.bbc.co.uk
channel=bbcfour.bbc.co.uk
channel=cbbc.bbc.co.uk
channel=cbeebies.bbc.co.uk
channel=citv.itv.co.uk
channel=channel4.com
channel=e4.channel4.com
channel=plus-1.e4.channel4.com
channel=filmfour.channel4.com
channel=plus-1.channel4.com
channel=channel5.co.uk
channel=london.itv1.itv.co.uk
channel=itv2.itv.co.uk
channel=plus-1.itv2.itv.co.uk
channel=itv3.itv.co.uk
channel=itv4.itv.co.uk
channel=more4.channel4.com
channel=dave.uktv.co.uk
channel=fiver.channel5.co.uk
channel=fiveusa.channel5.co.uk
channel=freeview.1.virginmedia.com
channel=tsod.plus-1.freeview.1.virginmedia.com

I here's the script I use to manually run mythfilldatabase.  It grabs
the xmltv data to a file and then runs mythfilldatabase on that file.

[mythtv at lyre bin]$ cat get_listings

#!/bin/bash

USER="mythtv"
HOME="/home/mythtv"

/usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt --config-file
/home/mythtv/.xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt.conf --output ~/freeview.xmltv >
/dev/null 2>&1

/usr/local/bin/mythfilldatabase --file 1 ~/freeview.xmltv

HTH