[mythtv-users] Setting up remote control from Hauppauge 1600

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 18:17:56 UTC 2009

> The easiest solution IMHO is a Microsoft MCE USB remote and receiver set -
> which can be purchased somewhat inexpensively nowadays.  (~25 or so if you
> shop around a bit)  (best search term I've found for ebay is "Microsoft
> RC6")

I went to Best Buy to get a MCE remote when my old ir receiver broke.
I had to talk to a few people and explain multiple times before
somebody even knew what I was talking about. But then the guy in the
computer department reached into a drawer and said, "you mean like
this," and he pulled out a MCE remote from an HP computer. He said
they don't sell them but they had that one left over from one of the
display machines. Then he just gave it to me for free. It almost made
up for all the other crap I have dealt with at Best Buy. The remote
has been great though and I prefer it over the old Hauppauge one that
it was replacing.