[mythtv-users] Way to check the status of a tuner from command line

Tue Sep 1 19:03:04 UTC 2009

So since I haven't been able to figure out the cause of my tuner going "off
line" on my slave server I was hoping for a quicker fix for now. Seems that
once this tuner goes unconnected, the only way to fix it is to reboot the
server entirely. Even restarting the backend or stopping and then starting it
again still won't bring the tuner back to a connected status on the master
backend.

So is there anyway I can test the status of this tuner from the command line
so that I can setup a simple script to to reboot the system if the tuner is in
a non-connected status?

Does anyone else have any other ideas that could be causing the tuner to go
from connected to unconnected status every single day? There are no messages
in either the master or slave logs either.

Thanks,
-Eric