[mythtv-users] How much video memory does the Acer Aspire Revo AR1600-U910H allow?

Gordon McCrae gordon.mccrae at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 30 09:44:49 UTC 2009

JEDIDIAH wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 04:00:41PM -0400, Jack Perveiler wrote:
>
>> Basically, I'm wondering if anybody has had any luck with one of these and
>> VDPAU:
>>
>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103228
>>
>> My two concerns are:
>> 1) How much memory does the BIOS allow to be assigned to the video chipset
>>

>     256M.
>
>     The Asrock 330 allows for 512M.

Possibly you're confusing BIOS option "UMA FRAME BUFFER SIZE" with the
actual amount of memory allocated to the GPU?

if you crank this down to 64Mb on a REVO, then NVIDIA-SETTINGS reports
256Mb available to the card (as does the Xorg.0.log file). Crank it up
to a buffer size of 256Mb results in 512Mb available to the GPU.

I don't has an Asrock 330 (too expensive for my taste), so can't comment
on that. You might however want to check what X or the nvidia-settings
application reports as available memory rather than just going by a
setting in the BIOS as the meaning of some BIOS settings can be a little
unclear.

Cheers
Gordon