[mythtv-users] How much video memory does the Acer Aspire Revo AR1600-U910H allow?

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 13:50:54 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Jack Perveiler <perveilerj at gmail.com>wrote:

> Basically, I'm wondering if anybody has had any luck with one of these and
> VDPAU:
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103228
>
> My two concerns are:
> 1) How much memory does the BIOS allow to be assigned to the video chipset
> (seems like VDPAU really likes 512mb), and
> 2) The "LE" part of "ION LE".  According to nvida here:
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/picoatom_specifications.html the difference
> is no DirectX 10 (big whoop) and "up to" 16 graphics cores (maybe relevent?)

I do not have an ION LE, but just reading a few articles, it appears the ION
and ION LE might be the same chip, just the LE avoids the DX10 certification
costs.  Here's a thread about VDPAU on the ION LE (HP Mini 311 netbook):

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8130877#post8130877

I've not found VDPAU benchmarks specific to the ION LE.  I would want to see
those numbers before purchasing an LE just to verify it's the same as the
normal ION.

/Brian/