[mythtv-users] Is the GT220 the new chip of choice? (Idle power?)

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Fri Oct 23 11:59:56 UTC 2009

On 23 Oct 2009, at 11:31, Brian Long wrote:

> Which specific card did you purchase?  It would be interesting for
> you and Andre to post benchmark numbers to the wiki including if you
> purchased the DDR2 or DDR3 model and how fast your memory clock was
> running.  I notice some of the clocks run at 800 or 1000MHz (DDR2)
> and others run at 1580MHz (DDR3).

I posted some qvdpautest results in another thread here, sadly I
didn't find the wiki very helpful when trying to decide what to buy, I
based my decision on qvdpautest results posted in the Nvidia forums
with a bit of interpretation & luck.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/403064?search_string=GT220;#403064

Happy to help improve the wiki though.

> I would agree that for an always-on HTPC, 7w idle power is very
> attractive.

Hopefully I can get my test FE/BE machine somewhere close.

Andre