[mythtv-users] Is the GT220 the new chip of choice? (Idle power?)

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 10:31:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Brad Templeton
<brad+myth at templetons.com<brad%2Bmyth at templetons.com>
> wrote:

> Doing some research, it appears a likely new chip of choice for a myth
> box might be the nvidia gt220.   Cards (pcie only) can be had for
> about $70, and a new fanless card has been announced by ECS but is
> not for sale.

Which specific card did you purchase?  It would be interesting for you and
Andre to post benchmark numbers to the wiki including if you purchased the
DDR2 or DDR3 model and how fast your memory clock was running.  I notice
some of the clocks run at 800 or 1000MHz (DDR2) and others run at 1580MHz
(DDR3).

I would agree that for an always-on HTPC, 7w idle power is very attractive.

/Brian/