[mythtv-users] A new theme on the way...

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Thu Oct 22 20:22:00 UTC 2009

I'm with Robert on this one.

He makes a theme that everybody agrees to call beyond great.

Fine.

The theme need a specific font that has a cost to bring the greatness.

Fine too.

The license chosen by Robert forbids you to distribute derivative work,
possibly "make" too, but I am too lazy to dig through a long thread.

Also very fine.

Three choices there.

     1. You use the theme after having paid for the font. You enjoy a
        great theme. You're legal. You respect the author.
     2. You use the theme after tweaking it to use a sub-par font and
        keep it to yourself. You enjoy a sub-par theme, your loss.
        You're legal. You do not respect the author.
     3. You use the theme after tweaking it to use a sub-par font and
        redistribute it. You enjoy a sub-par theme, your loss. You are
        illegal. You do not respect the author.

It's not all that complicated.

Why make such a fuss?

Now let's all wait patiently for the availability of this theme (and .23
too, when .22 is still not there!), and make our own choice.

Nico
(avoided the choice where the font has been illegally copied forobvious
reasons)