[mythtv-users] A new theme on the way...

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Oct 22 20:59:35 UTC 2009

Christopher Meredith wrote:
> In the end, you are free to ask people to not modify it, just as I am
> free to ask people not to read my book in artificial light. And for
> the same reasons, everyone is free to disregard these requests without
> any moral or ethical condemnation whatsoever. At bottom, this is a
> question of personal preference and there is nothing unethical about
> having a different preference than someone else.

If your personal preference is to not follow the artist's demands, I
think you should not use their product.  By accepting a license with
certain stipulations, then ignoring them, you're breaking a promise you
made to the artist.  Is this legally wrong?  No.  But not everything
that's legal is ethical, and ethics should not depend on whether you're
going to be punished.