[mythtv-users] nVidia ION motherboards - Single- or Dual-Core?

Michael Drons mdrons at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 21 04:07:19 UTC 2009

----- Original Message ----
From: David Asher <asherml at gmail.com>
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Tue, October 20, 2009 4:20:17 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] nVidia ION motherboards - Single- or Dual-Core?

On Oct 20, 2009, at 4:05 PM, Tom Lichti wrote:

>> See here http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/402048
>> for a similar discussion.
>>
>> What was never really answered for me was whether the single core was
>> up to the new myth-ui stuff.
>>
>> Does anyone on this list have a comment on that?
>
> Trunk works just fine with Graphite, Blue-Abstract, Terra and
> MythBuntu themes on a single-core Atom.

What is your frontend configuration?  PXE boot, USB key, HDD, other?

I ask because I'm running a single core Zotac Atom from a (cheap and sloooow) USB key (with a full Mythbuntu 9.04 install on it) and I've definitely got some issues with Graphite when entering and sometimes even moving around in Watch Recordings.  Pretty much whenever a new preview image or fanart image needs to be brought in from the backend.  So far I've been chalking that up to the actual write to the key, but I haven't had time to switch to PXE boot and see if it solved the problem.

I suppose I also could try moving the mythfrontend user's home directory to an NFS mount and see if that fixes things.  Hmmm...

David.