[mythtv-users] 0.22 Mix of Storage Group/Non Storage Group Question

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 22:32:41 UTC 2009

Having read the updated transition guide my understanding is I can mix
storage groups and directories in the same setup? eg:

For a *Combined* B/E

On the backend setup:
Video & Metadata Storage groups setup under:
  /var/mythtv/sg/video
  /var/mythtv/sg/banners
  ... etc

On the Frontend Setup:
Enter the directories:
  /var/mythtv/local/video
  /var/mythtv/local/banners
  ... etc

I'd store my streaming compatible files (avi, mkv etc) in the storage
group structure, the ISO rips in the local directory structure. I should be
able to play back both on the combined B/E where they are all stored.
Remote Frontends will be able to access the storage group files, but not
the ISO's (unless I share them)

Does this sound correct and sensible?

Thanks - Lindsay

--