[mythtv-users] UI feedback in 0.22

myShade myshade at bredband.net
Thu Oct 15 20:26:01 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 13:15 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 10/15/2009 10:20 AM, Greg Estabrooks wrote:
> >> I did some actual timings.  Using a stopwatch, it took 9 seconds to
> >> display the Watch Recordings page.  That's 9 seconds where it appears
> >> that the machine has frozen.  According to before-and-after "ps"
> >>
> > What do you see in your frontend logs and backend logs during that time?
> >
> > Do you see it loading/regenerating preview images? Maybe for some reason it's regenerating all of the previews locally rather than grabbing what is available on the backend?
>
> For example because of mismatched clocks on your frontend/backend
> machines or because you're using an NFS-mounted HOME directory (meaning
> $HOME/.mythtv is remote) that was mounted with actimeo=0 or noac?
>
> Mike

This is like a copy of where we all took part in :O) -
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/401147?search_string=graphite%20slow;#401147

Jim in that thread you said you were unable to put actimeo=!0.
That did all the change here. Even with ~/.mythtv on local mount. Why i
dunno. Perhaps try resolve this if possible.

Fredrik