[mythtv-users] Fast forward question

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 17:08:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 10/13/2009 12:26 PM, Jim Morton wrote:
>>
>> In Mythbuntu 9.0.4 is it possible to configure the fast forward to play at
>> an 2x or 4x speed? Mine skips in 30 second increments
>
> That's not fast forward.  That's skip.  Use MythControls
> (Utilities/Setup|Edit Keys) to see your key bindings and fix your remote.
>
>> which usually is fine but every now and then I'd like to watch at high
>> speed. Ideally, I'd like to be able to choose between skipping 30 seconds
>> ahead and playing at double speed right on the remote. (Not to be confused
>> with the jump forward and back buttons which jump in 15 minute increments.)
>
> Actually, Jump is 10 minutes, Skip is 30 seconds (both by default).
>
> Again, though, you're confusing Skip with FFWD (at least your key
> config/remote config is).
>
> Mike

You may also want to look at the TOGGLESTRETCH keybinding.  That can
be used to instantly turn timestretch on/off at a specified speed up
to 2x.  The advantage of timestretch over FF is that you still have
audio.  The disadvantage is that it only goes to 2x speed.

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?