[mythtv-users] Fast forward question

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 17:31:41 UTC 2009

> That's not fast forward.  That's skip.  Use MythControls
> (Utilities/Setup|Edit Keys) to see your key bindings and fix your remote.

Also mythweb has a nice interface for viewing and editing your key
bindings. You can find them under Settings, MythTV, Key Bindings tab.
You will be interested in the Fast forward (sticky) and Rewind
(sticky) settings under TV Playback. What you currently are using is
Seek Forward and Seek Back. If you have enough keys you could bind
them both to the keys you want on your remote.

> Actually, Jump is 10 minutes, Skip is 30 seconds (both by default).

The settings for these times are available under Settings, TV
Settings, Playback Groups in the frontend. I had a hard time tracking
them down when I changed mine.